Saturday, October 3, 2020

Sheep Crossing

"Sheep Crossing” by Andrew Geng.  Lists some testing credits, and responds uniquely to a number of my favorite IF gaming verbs. But the prose is a bit light, and I fear that this may just be a classic fox, chicken and grain problem which I learned when I was seven.  I’m carrying nothing. But when I try to feed a cabbage to the sheep, the cabbage suddenly appears in my inventory.

Restart. It appears that the cabbage, sheep and bear are all within my reach, even though they aren’t mentioned in the scene description. I wonder what else is in the scene? The best part of the game is discovering all the amusing ways to fail. Finally I check the walk through. Sure enough, there was something else unmentioned in the description which I needed to get the first passenger across the river. The rest of the problem I solved when I was seven, so I do what I need to and finish the game.

This game has been entered in the 26th annual interactive fiction competition.  More interactive fiction can be found at the interactive fiction database.

No comments:

Post a Comment