Sunday, October 4, 2020

The Pinecone

“The Pinecone” by Joseph Pentangelo. A web based interactive fiction. I picked this one from the top of a randomized list, and because the blurb professes it to be quick play.

An intriguing short story with a twist at the end. I won’t give it away. The story is short enough to finish in less than fifteen minutes, as advertised. Well written but not very interactive. Advance the story with a series of single option clicks. There are a few choice points in the middle leading to four possible endings (all with the similar twist). I found three of the endings, and still kept my play under fifteen minutes. Best feature: I love goats.

This game has been entered in the 26th annual interactive fiction competition.  More interactive fiction can be found at the interactive fiction database.

No comments:

Post a Comment