Thursday, October 8, 2015

Growbotics (review)

"Growbotics" is a web-based interactive fiction written by Cha Holland, entered in the 2015 interactive fiction competition.  It features an attractive interface and some up-beat introductory text (with some clever interactive features that allow the player to "design" their own lab).  But when it came to the central game element, testing a machine which is allegedly capable of manufacturing "anything," I found the navigation links were buggy and most of the essence combinations I tried failed to produce anything.  The things I did discover made me happy and were presented with cute schematic graphics and pleasant tones.  I hope the author will continue to post updates to this game, to make the experience more robust.

No comments:

Post a Comment